Click your say!

Sunday, May 10, 2015

NEWS: DID YOU KNOW THAT KINDER EGGS ARE ILLEGAL IN THE USA?

I remember that when I was a child I loved to recieve Kinder eggs. In fact even now I would enjoy eating one (although now it would be more for the chocolate than for the toy). If I have to describe my childhood in ten words one of them would be Kinder. So, can you imagine a life without Kinder?

Sure you do if you come from America! According to the article that I read, Kinder eggs are banned in the USA. There's an especific law which says that doesn't allow to put something that isn't food inside food, it could only be possible if the not-food product is visible from the outside.

The law was created due to the fact that, fourty years ago, there was an incident caused by the swallowing of a little piece from the toy.

In my opinion, there's no need of such a drastic action. There's a warning in Kinders that says to be better opened with adults. Also the capsule which contains the toy is too big to be swallowed! I find the law a little nonsense. Food is not transparent, how do you expect that the object could be visible from the exterior if is covered by food?
It's a big shame that American kids can not be able to enjoy Kinder eggs, however, I'm sure that they have a lot of snacks better than Kinder to enjoy!
Source


News source: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/features/why-are-kinder-surprise-eggs-illegal-in-the-usa-10055273.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment